Earlier in 2020 the site and the planning permission were acquired by Chalegrove Developments Ltd. Using expertise gained on developing sites including the nearby Landmark Pinnacle building it became clear that significant improvements could be made to the proposals. These proposals are detailed on this website.
In summary, an additional seven residential floors will bring forward the following:
- A design that is in keeping with the adjacent Madison building, now nearing completion. Both buildings will be of the same height, with a complementary design.
- More affordable housing.
- An opportunity to redesign the ground floor layout to create a better environment for residents and users of the open space between the building and its neighbour.
- Up to 592 square metres of additional on-site play space including a new external first-floor play deck overlooking the public park for use by all residents.
- Increased Section 106 payments
- Increased Community Infrastructure Levy
- Better environmental performance